As the world is heading towards the path of digitalization, mobile apps have become the need of the hour. According to the report of Statista, the app market will generate revenue of more than $581.9 billion in 2020. So, focusing on just the mobile app implementation strategy won’t work, you need to focus on the latest trends also.
The year 2019 has seen a lot of advancements in the mobile sector and it generated a whopping $461 billion dollars. The year 2020 is going to be full of technological advancements, high-tech features, and a lot.
Ready to give an edge to your competitors? Read the fact-based mobile app development trends that will prevail in 2020.
Mobile App Development Trends 2020
Key Mobile App Statistics To Watch Out
- The mobile app market is expected to generate $582 billion dollars in 2020.
- The number of mobile app downloads in 2019 was 204 billion worldwide.
- An average user spends around 3.1 hours/per on mobile apps.
- More than 82% of businesses are expected to have chatbot automation by 2021.
- The chatbot interaction has grown from 22% in 2017 to 80% in 2020.
- Chatbots save more than 3 minutes as compared to the traditional call centers.
- 74% of businesses are using Artificial Intelligence for market analysis, automotive tasks, and driving sales.
- $190 – AI is expected to become a market of $190 billion by 2025.
- 85% of consumer interactions will be done using Artificial Intelligence, thereby eliminating the need for humans.
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Both AR and VR are the masterstrokes in the future of mobile app development. More than 65% of media buyers and planners want AR/VR ad campaigns.
- Around 71% of technology leaders anticipated that AR revenues will surpass VR in 2020.
- Wearables have changed the way we interact with smart devices. The wearable market is expected to cross over 1 billion by 2021.
- We have seen smartwatches, trackers, fitness bands, and smart rings till now. The wearable market is expected to cover more apps in the coming year.
Internet Of Things
IoT technology helps in analyzing consumer behavior and empower smart device applications. IoT has the potential to generate an economic value of $11 trillion by 2025.
The Future Of Mobile App Market
The mobile app market will continue to evolve with new trends coming every year. The competition out there is tough and if you wish to survive, you need to think out-of-the-box. All the above-mentioned mobile app development trends will surely take you a long way in business. Watch out these trends and implement the best for your business. All the best!
Don’t miss reading our latest blog on 5 Top Android App Development Trends To Follow In 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
Q – 1 – What are the best platform for mobile app development?
Well, the best platform for mobile app development is – React Native, Flutter, PhoneGap, Ionic, Appcelerator, and Native Script.
Q – 2 – What are mobile app development trends that will prevail in 2020?
We have already listed the top mobile app trends – Artificial Intelligence, Chatbots, AR and VR, Wearables, and Internet of Things (IoT).
Trends like – On-demand apps, Beacon technology, Mobile Wallets, and Cloud integrated apps will also make space this year.
Q – 3 – How much does mobile app development costs?
The cost of mobile app development depends on its complexity and your preferences. Apart from that, the cost may also vary depending on the factors like – platform chosen, graphics, features, sounds, and other effects.
Q- 4 – What is the mobile app category?
It’s a no-brainer that you need to categorize your mobile apps to launch on App Stores and Play Stores. It will help you cut down the research time and helps your users find your app in an easy and quick way.