When you read about mobile application development, you will mostly read about iOS app development, not Google and Android app development. However, with the increasing popularity of Android powered smart phones, Android app development is also becoming more popular option for business looking for gaining competitive advantage. Here, I am going to represent briefing of Android development and everything you need to know about it.
Benefits of Android App development
There are plenty of benefits associated with Android app development which tempts app developers and users as well to opt for android powered applications. Understanding the benefits is the major art of development journey which will help you work better for you. Various benefits include:
- Android app development is easy to adopt as it mainly runs on scripting language Java. And which is widely in use by programmers.
- Android app inherits the property of multiple sales channels as it can be deployed in multiple different ways, which eliminate the need of depending over a single marketplace. Rather, you can sell over your own website or contact a third party.
- It is easy to integrate the android app with various business processes by enabling easy customization of whole platform by integrating your app with ease.
- Android is open source which offers open source updates, interfaces and app technology framework. There is a large community working on the development of Android platform and technology.
- Android is known for it low barrier of entry as it simply demands low i9nvestment cost and is determined to offer relatively high ROI.
Android SDK (Software development kit)
Although you will not find all the tools you need in SDK but it’s worth a look. There are plenty of cool tools you’re going to find within the kit with pretty cool advantages. Lets take a look:
Android studio is the official IDE (integrated development environment) for Android app development which is recommended by Google. Moreover, it is built off of the IntelliJ’s powerful code combined with greater flexibility and productivity of Android Studio’s Platform. While there are a lot IDEs out there but this one is just the best suitable one. Android Studio can be the best way to gain basic knowledge regarding working of the supposed system.
Android development guidelines
It can be the most useful resource for you either if it’s your first application or you’ve already developed multiple apps. And these guidelines are intended you to guide throughout the app development. You can start in following sections as it can overwhelming for the beginners.
- Google services: in this section, you’re going to have a look on what is going under the hood as it offers wide range of features including location features, sign-in services, cloud backups and so on.
- API guides: it offers basic code creations to basic animations and connecting to the internet. And this information can be used for functionality of your app.
- Sample Code: It offers code reusability feature which enable you to embed someone else’s code into yours, if needed.
Now that you have a surface level understand of everything involved in Android app development, the question becomes what will you do next? We encourage you to take any Android app ideas that you have and get developing!